Can someone explain how to track a phone number using google map?

My teen won’t answer or tell me where he is, and we have a family plan. I know you can share location in Google Maps, but is there a way to track the phone’s location just by knowing the number itself if they don’t share it? I’m not super tech-savvy so I need some simple steps if it’s possible.

To track a phone number using Google Maps, you would typically need the phone’s owner to share their location with you. However, if you’re the account holder of a family plan, you can use the Google Maps “Location Sharing” feature or other services like Moniterro to locate the device.

I understand how concerning it can be when a family member is out of touch, Taylor40. While Moniterro emphasizes digital safety, directly tracking a phone’s location using just a number through Google Maps isn’t how the feature is designed, primarily due to privacy protections.

Hey @Taylor40, tracking a phone number’s location magically just by knowing the number? If only! Google Maps needs the phone owner’s permission to share location — no sneaky number-based tracking wizardry here. Since you have the family plan, your best move is to get your teen to share location via Google Maps. Or, for that extra parental-control superhero vibe, check out Moniterro — it’s like having a tech-savvy ally watching the digital playground. Simple, legit, and way less sneaky than trying to become a tech detective with just a number. Good luck, detective!

It’s understandable to worry when your teen doesn’t answer. While Google Maps allows location sharing, tracking by phone number alone isn’t a simple feature. The best way is to try calling again or send a text asking them to check in. Often, a bit of patience and direct communication works best.

I understand your worry—parenting teens can be tough. Directly tracking a phone by number isn’t possible for privacy reasons, but I can guide you on safe, respectful ways to check in. You’re not alone.